Monday, March 12, 2007

Gonna pack with the wolves, Better learn how to howl..

As most of you know I was ice fishing all weekend, but I only fished for about 2 hours the rest of the time was spent snowmobiling, eating , drinking and bullshiting. Although the fishing trip was a great success, I am soooooo tired from the fresh air, the beer, and snomobiling. It is about a 2km drive off the main plowed road to get to the camp. We arrive Friday night Paul and his truck towing a trailer with a snomachine and me in the Jeep towing a trailer with a snow machine. Paul asks do you want to drive in on the snow machines, or leave the truck here parked on the main road? I was not to crazy about leaving the jeep there so I asked how far is it 2-3 km I was like I really don't want to leave the jeep here in the middle of nowhere plus we would have to go get the sleigh to pull all the gear in. So we made an executive decision at 10 o'clock at night to drive in with the trucks Paul's leading and it's getting to be alot of snow to drive through 4x4 is howling jeeps sliding around everywhere,were making progress Finally made it to the camp where we were parking unloaded the sleds and gear and whipped em across the lake to my buddy's camp where we were staying. I learned that If you want to pack with the wolves you better learn how to howl !It's time to go cruising to visit people on nearby lakes and ice fishing huts, there was a total of 6 of us howlin till 3am Friday night. Crashed out and was up at about 7:30 to go ice fishing for the day. It is a 20mile ride from camp to the lake we planned to fish, so what's the lesson here? Gonna pack with the wolves better learn how to howl off we go! Got to the lake the boys built a nice fire on shore and we set up for fishing but it was so windy we just huddled around the campfire sheltered on the shoreline from the wind. Made some hot dogs on the fire and decided to move down lake where we could fish and it was sheltered from the wind. Two five plus pound lakers were caught in this spot in 53 feet of water, not by me tho I suck at ice fishing! One guy brought a portable fish finder top check for depth the ice was 3 feet thick and there was 50 ft of water where we were fishing. we fished all day and howled back to camp for supper. I lit the sauna with full intentions to have one but after our moose steak supper with all the fixins I was ready for bed. We venture over to the neighbours for a couple o bubbles I was there till about 10 did i tell you, I'm a candy ass because I went back to camp was crashed out by 11. The next day we as a group(when I say we I mean Paul) were worried about getting stuck with the trucks on the way out. We were up early Sunday, Paul had a theory that the snow would not be as sticky because of the overnight temps and the sun not beating on it all day ... were leaving early bounced our way out with a little difficulty but I made it home by 1pm actually it was noon but the dam time change really started to effect me. I crashed whit ch explains the fact that I never put the pictures from this weekend on my computer... so when I get a chance to post em tonight or tomorrow I will!
Howl out

No comments: